Monday, December 20, 2010

Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles on Broadway

10/10

Recently, I went to the Neil Simon Theatre to see Rain on Broadway. I like the Beatles, and the person who accompanied me is obsessed with the Beatles. We both enjoyed the show; it was a great performance for
someone who enjoys the Beatles and enough like the real thing to impress the obsessed fan. The show blends the times with the music. It uses modern technology to project the show all over the theater, and
you feel as if you are being bathed in psychedelic colors and symbols at some points. I really enjoyed the trivia and sixty commercials that were shown during breaks and intermission. They kept the audience
entertained and were funny. The bandmates did a great job portraying the Beatles. I liked "Paul" the best. He sounded almost identical to the real Paul and mimicked his mannerisms throughout the performance. It
was highly entertained, and if you can see them on Broadway or on tour, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment