Monday, December 6, 2010

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

9/10

I am really enjoying the Sookie Stackhouse novels, and Club Dead added to that enjoyment. It was very easy to read, and I had a hard time putting it down. The development of the characters is interesting, especially Sookie's personal conflicts and revelations. The reader really starts to see Bill in such a negative light; he is no longer the hero of Sookie's (or the reader's) dreams. I really enjoy Eric's snarkiness and like how Pam is portrayed. I also love the inclusion of Bubba, which adds so much humor to different scenes. This novel is a wonderful addition to the series, and I strongly suggest reading it.

P.S. I liked how the novel differed from Tru Blood in the Eric/Russell plot. I preferred the lightness of the novel's plot then the sad,obsessive plot in the third season. The absence of Bill purposely seeking Sookie in the novel was good also, because just betraying Sookie was enough in the novel to make Bill "evil" in the reader's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment